Permanent make up (micropigmentation)
What is a permanent makeup?
Permanent makeup (micropigmentation/ PMU) is the process of implanting pigments into your skin, just to create enhanced and natural look. Although the process is similar to tattooing, it’s not permanent and the effects begin to fade over a period of months. The most common treatments we carry are eyeliner, lips and brows.
A contraindication is a condition or factor that will prevent a certain medical treatment from going ahead due to the harm that it may cause someone.
While micropigmentation is suitable for most people, please be aware that there are some contraindications that indispose undergoing a treatment.
CONTRAINDICATIONS BEFORE BOOKING YOUR TREATMENT:
- Under the age of 18 as it is illegal
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have viral infections or diseases
- Major heart issues or organ transplants
- Skin irritations/Eczema or Psoriasis (on the area to be treated)
- Medically diagnosed Keloid Scarring
- Allergy to our patch test
- Please let us know if you’re taking any medication
Skin is at, it may be too fragile to undergo procedure. You should get clearance from your doctor before considering permanent make-up.
- Cold Sore (Herpes Simplex)
People who get fever blisters and/or cold sores may experience an outbreak after procedure – they will be advised to go on Acyclovir tablets course 5 days pre/post treatment.
- Diabetes type 1
Healing can take longer than average.
Risk of seizure during the treatment
- Medications and Antibiotics
Some of them can affect healing which might result in poor retention.
- Anticoagulants (blood thinners)
Certain medication might make your blood thinner so please bring full list of medications you’re taking to your appointment.
- Autoimmune disease (cancer, HIV etc.)
You should get clearance from your doctor before considering permanent make-up.
Eyeliner treatments – pressure placed on the eye to apply eyeliner could be damaging.
There is a risk of spreading the vitiligo.
- General health
You should always be fit and well, and not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Eye Surgery
You will need to wait at least 6-12 months before permanent makeup procedure on your eyes.
From surgery or injury must be healed for at least 6-12 months (treated areas)
- If You Have:
Pimples, active cold sores, bruises, sun burn or other skin irritations in the area to be treated, needs to be healed before you are ready for your procedure.
- Anti wrinkle Injections
It is recommended to have your permanent make up before you have your first ever anti wrinkle injection. Or, wait until it requires topping up to have your PMU treatment carried out.
- Lip Fillers
If you already have lip filler you need to wait at least 6 weeks from you filler appointment. The best option is to have the PMU done first and the filler.
- Beauty Treatments
Please avoid exfoliating facial treatments for 3 weeks before the procedure and until healing is completed.
- Do not take aspirin or Ibuprofen 72 hours before treatment.
- Do not use a sunbed pre/post treatment.
- Be prepared to remove contact lenses for the duration of the eyeliner treatment and bring glasses for the journey home.
- Limit your coffee consumption on the day of treatment.